The Chadash Basset A Extension and Bell is a unique design featuring a key system which is utilizing an open Eb key below the staff while the following D through low C are closed keys which opens as one pushes the corresponding touch pieces. It comes with a cylindrical bore which is much more efficient considering that the low notes on the basset A tend to spread and not tune very well.
Lower joint A clarinet extended to basset A with a key system that has the notes Eb to low C controlled and played by the right hand only. Being the Eb the only open key and D, Db and low C are closed keys that open as you need to play them rather than the traditional open keys that close to make a note sound. The bore on the lower A extension is exclusively cylindrical which greatly adds to the clarity and ring as well as the intonation of those low notes which traditionally suffer from lack of focus and center.
- Improved resonance and clarity of the crucial low register E to low C
- No extra pinkie finger for notes Eb to C
- Notes Eb to C are played by thumb only
- Can use your own familiar A clarinet upper joint and bell
- Can be used for the Mozart Concerto K622 and Mozart Quintet K58
25 to 40 year old aged mpingo wood.
Lifetime warranty for regular maintenance.